An unprecedented inversion equivalent to over 20,000 million USD is presently taking place in Mexico's real estate sector, stated Mexican Association of Professional Real Estate Agents (AMPI) National President, Antonio Hanna Grayeb, during his opening statement at the recent International Real Estate Summit that took place in Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit last weekend. This and other important selling points served to empower the enthusiastic community of real estate professionals and investors that travelled to the successful event from other cities in Mexico and the United States.
The Summit heralded prosperous times for national and international investors, while highlighting emerging market trends and opportunities present in master planned resort communities, as well as luxury beachfront properties in Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit and other important beachfront destinations in Mexico.
Hanna Grayeb also talked about the work AMPI is presently undertaking lobbying the Mexican senate to modify Article 27 of Mexico's Constitution, which would allow international investors to purchase real estate locally without the need of a fideicomiso, and working with the Tourism Secretary to promote real estate, or "second home" tourism.
Other important selling points for real estate professionals and potential investors interested in Mexico were shared by AMPI National Vice-President, Gustavo Solares Campo, including the following:
- Its privileged location, just south of the United States, allows Mexico to be supplier of both services and manufacturers to the neighboring country.
- Mexico's biodiversity —fifth in the world— along with almost 7,000 miles of coastline is strategically significant, along with its climatic range.
- Mexico's beach destinations are sought after by vacationers, worldwide. In addition, Mexico features 25 eco-touristic destinations and 15 colonial cities.
- Featuring 186 different museums, Mexico City is the second city in the world with most, next to first place, London, England.
- 20 industrial harbors throughout the country provide access to importation and exportation of goods, which can be transported through the country's 76,000-mile highway system.
- Mexico is one of the largest vehicle producers, worldwide.
- In terms of tourism, Mexico is the tenth most popular country in the world.
AMPI features an increasing membership of over 3,000 associates throughout Mexico. Constantly looking for ways to improve and expand their services, the organization also announced that the next International Summit will take place in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.