Puerto Vallarta performed very well for the first quarter of 2016 for hotel occupancy and total airport and cruise ship passengers registered for 2015.
- For the first quarter of 2016 hotel occupancy in Puerto Vallarta was 82.5%, its highest level in a decade, 4.5% more than in the same period of 2015
- Nuevo Vallarta finished the same period with 86.7%.
- In 2015 the Puerto Vallarta International Airport saw its most passengers since 2008 when there were 3,241,000 registered, finishing last year with 3,518,000 passenger registrations.
- TAR, Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines and Iceland Air opened up five new routes to Puerto Vallarta Airport with 31 weekly frequencies.
- Puerto Vallarta also recorded an improvement in the arrival of cruise passengers in 2015 with 322,000 people visiting the port, 34 percent from a year earlier, and a level it hasn’t seen since 2008.
Statistics provided by the Mexico Tourism Ministry