Riviera Nayarit Real Estate
As one of the fastest growing, most successful real estate investment regions in the state of Nayarit, the mega-developments of Nuevo Vallarta and Flamingos are known best for the full spectrum of real estate homes and condominiums they have to offer, including three golf courses and two marinas, and tend to be one of the more popular real estate markets in the Riviera Nayarit region. Nuevo Vallarta and Flamingos homes and condominiums are situated along the longest beach in the bay, stretching from the Ameca River to Bucerias, as well as the fairways of the golf courses, the canals of Nuevo Vallarta and in front of the two marinas.
There are numerous developments within this sub-region, with the largest being Paradise Village and Vidanta. There are numerous smaller developments which are listed on our development list. If access to the ocean is important to you, as well as golf, this area is a good choice. Prices are mid-range for the most part, and there’s plenty to choose from. The international airport of Puerto Vallarta is just minutes away.
It is well situated along the coastline in what would be the middle of Banderas Bay. The southeast border of this area is the Ameca River (also the border between Nayarit and Jalisco), and the main highway; so the town of Jarretaderas is included, as well. The other towns in this region are more popular for locals than for tourism real estate.
On the other side of the highway is the sub-region of Valle de Banderas. There is little to no tourism real estate here, it is mostly low-cost housing and farmland farther up the valley. Along the highway, however, there is a Walmart and Mega, as well as many other stores, to service the region.
Riviera Nayarit Real Estate Options
In most recent years both Nuevo Vallarta and Flamingos have been increasingly more popular for Riviera Nayarit real estate as they have so many different types available in many different situations. There are homes and condominiums for sale on the beach side, the golf course, in the marina or along the many canals that meander through the area. There are numerous beach and sports clubs, tennis and golf, and easy access the airport, Puerto Vallarta, the North Shore and Riviera Nayarit communities to the north. Most of the real estate is within gated communities, adding a layer of security, plus there's the San Javier hospital and Paradise Plaza Shopping Center, built around a vibrant community of people who like to be active. And for the most part, the real estate is reasonably priced, although there is quite a spread between having an oceanfront home and a golf course condominium!
Keep in mind...
- Most tourism real estate is located between the highway and the beach, in the developments of Nuevo Vallarta and Flamingos
- Close access to the airport
- Excellent medical facilities at the centrally located San Javier hospital
- Large mega-developments in this region (Mayan and Paradise Village), which offer a variety of real estate options and amenities (marina and golf and clubs)
- Shopping close by, on the other side of the highway, although Paradise Plaza is a large shopping center, centrally located, with a grocery store, restaurants, and shops
- Long, beautiful beach, great for walking and swimming
- Many popular Vallarta restaurants have been opening second restaurants locations here
- Excellent marina facilities
- Three golf courses
Riviera Nayarit Map
Click on any one of the purple shaded areas below to showcase the area's (or sub-region's) name.