Vallarta South Shore Real Estate
The South Shore is where the foothills of the Sierra Madre meet the ocean, creating spectacular real estate opportunities for both home and condominiums with fantastic views of the bay and back to Puerto Vallarta. When you combine the boundless green jungle with the surf-splashed rocks of a coast interspersed with private coves, add a place to view the constantly changing palette of the bay, you have the South Shore, where rugged, low-density residences, as well as villas and other homes, dot the coastline on the curving road toward Barra de Navidad.
The Puerto Vallarta South Shore begins where Conchas Chinas ends, and from there runs along the coast passing the residential developments of Garza Blanca and Sierra del Mar to Boca de Tomatlán, where the highway turns east and heads up into the Sierra Madre mountains towards El Tuito. Although the highway ends, the border of the South Shore continues along the coastline, but without road access, there is very little in the way or real estate opportunities.
Puerto Vallarta Real Estate on the South Shore
Along this coastline is where the region’s first gated hillside communities were built. Today, there are a number of them, offering mostly single-family residences or villas. Interspersed are small beachfront condominium projects and one very large one - the hotel/real estate/timeshare development of Garza Blanca. The views are so good that often real estate prices on the hillside rival those of the oceanfront homes. The South Shore is still relatively close to downtown, making it easy to frequent the restaurants or stroll the Malecon.
Keep in mind...
- Spectacular views overlooking the bay and the town.
- Oceanfront properties are available, both condos and homes for sale.
- Luxury real estate homes options.
- Some restaurants in the area and downtown is close by.
- Amazing coastline, with clear waters, and a lush jungle backdrop.
- Need a vehicle in most cases. Bus service is available but need to walk to the highway, or call a taxi.
- For the homes on the hill, there are no corner stores to walk to, so you'll need to drive in most cases.
- Steep hills in some cases, can get tricky in the rains.
- Traffic can be difficult at times, as its a narrow road and hard for people to pass.
- If golf or boating is important to you, you have ways to go to find a golf course or marina.
Vallarta South Shore Map
Click on any one of the orange shaded areas below to showcase the area's (or sub-region's) name.
Subregions:Garza Blanca |Playas Gemelas |Mismaloya |Boca de Tomatlan |El Tuito |
Some Properties in Vallarta South Shore
- 79 m2
3 Atun Casa Atun, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Cute Mexican home just a few minutes walk to the Riviera Nayarit Marina, beach. Beau...
- 104 m2
98 Paseo de los Cocoteros, Bucerias
This is your opportunity to own a beachfront condo in Acqua this condo features 2 be...
- 308 m2
Blvd. Francisco Medina Ascencio, Zona Hotelera Norte, Hotel Zone
4 bdms oceanfront condo in Tower 3 with 308.86 M2 of construction, amazing sunsets f...
- 250 m2
Palm Spring 333, Entre Francia & Hamburgo, Rio Pitillal Abajo
Casa Tinga Tinga is a charming villa situated within the Versalles residential area....
- 200 m2
11 Retorno Las Palmas, Bucerias
Very charming and comfortable two bedroom home on a quiet paved cul-de-sac on the be...
- 335 m2
26 Retorno Las Palmas, Bucerias
CANADIANS: US EXCHANGE 20%! Now some vendor financing available! Live in a lovely h...