Vallarta South Shore Real Estate
The South Shore is where the foothills of the Sierra Madre meet the ocean, creating spectacular real estate opportunities for both home and condominiums with fantastic views of the bay and back to Puerto Vallarta. When you combine the boundless green jungle with the surf-splashed rocks of a coast interspersed with private coves, add a place to view the constantly changing palette of the bay, you have the South Shore, where rugged, low-density residences, as well as villas and other homes, dot the coastline on the curving road toward Barra de Navidad.
The Puerto Vallarta South Shore begins where Conchas Chinas ends, and from there runs along the coast passing the residential developments of Garza Blanca and Sierra del Mar to Boca de Tomatlán, where the highway turns east and heads up into the Sierra Madre mountains towards El Tuito. Although the highway ends, the border of the South Shore continues along the coastline, but without road access, there is very little in the way or real estate opportunities.
Puerto Vallarta Real Estate on the South Shore
Along this coastline is where the region’s first gated hillside communities were built. Today, there are a number of them, offering mostly single-family residences or villas. Interspersed are small beachfront condominium projects and one very large one - the hotel/real estate/timeshare development of Garza Blanca. The views are so good that often real estate prices on the hillside rival those of the oceanfront homes. The South Shore is still relatively close to downtown, making it easy to frequent the restaurants or stroll the Malecon.
Keep in mind...
- Spectacular views overlooking the bay and the town.
- Oceanfront properties are available, both condos and homes for sale.
- Luxury real estate homes options.
- Some restaurants in the area and downtown is close by.
- Amazing coastline, with clear waters, and a lush jungle backdrop.
- Need a vehicle in most cases. Bus service is available but need to walk to the highway, or call a taxi.
- For the homes on the hill, there are no corner stores to walk to, so you'll need to drive in most cases.
- Steep hills in some cases, can get tricky in the rains.
- Traffic can be difficult at times, as its a narrow road and hard for people to pass.
- If golf or boating is important to you, you have ways to go to find a golf course or marina.
Vallarta South Shore Map
The map below outlines the most popular real estate regions and sub-regions of Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit in green. Click on any one of the shaded areas to view the name of the region, a photo and description of the most popular areas.
Subregions:Garza Blanca |Playas Gemelas |Mismaloya |Boca de Tomatlan |El Tuito |
Some Properties in Vallarta South Shore
- 101 m2
km 7 Carretera Barra de Navidad, Garza Blanca
The Best of All Worlds. A Charming Mexican Home with its Own Pool Within the Cobble...
- 929 m2
KM 9.5 Carretera a Barra de Navidad, Mismaloya
“Casa Damae II”, a Luxurious Oceanfront Villa located in the prestigious gated c...
- 285 m2
Carretera a Barra de Navidad 205, Garza Blanca
A rare chance to acquire this 3 bedroom 3 bath property, complete with garage, priva...
- 208 m2
Carretera 200 Sur Km.7.5, Garza Blanca
Resting on the Garza Blanca Hillside overlooking the sea and Vallarta Beyond is this...
- 279 m2
CANDIDA AZUCENA 96, Mismaloya
Magnificent 3 bedroom, 4 bath Mismaloya Penthouse ; 3,011 sq. ft on two levels, with...
- 251 m2
Candidad Azucena 181, Mismaloya
PRICE REDUCTION and a true Bargain. This is the home that you have been waiting to c...