Installing and activating your MLSVallarta Wordpress plugin to show Puerto Vallarta real estate search and listings on your website is easy as following these simple steps:
- Login to the MLSVallarta members area using your username and password. Once inside, access the "Downloads" area where you’ll find a link that will allow you to download the plugin (in a .zip file) to your computer. Don’t forget the location where you have saved this file as you’ll need it later in the process.
- Access your website’s Wordpress administrator (backend), on the menu located on the left side of the screen. Look for the "Plugins" menu and click on it.
- Once inside the Plugins Wordpress menu, click on "Add New"
- Locate the "Upload" option and click on it. A prompt will appear on the screen asking you to locate the .zip file you downloaded earlier. Find and select it. By default, this file’s name is "MLS-Vallarta-Wordpress.zip". Click on "Install Now"
- The installation will begin and once it's finished, click on the "Activate Plugin" option located under the installation process.
- Now we'll have to connect your MLSVallarta account with your website. To do this, go back to MLSVallarta's member's area. Once in the member's area, go to your profile and look for the green button that reads "View API Keys". Clicking on this button will make a small window appear with two long strings of numbers and letters - these are your keys. Copy the entire string.
- Go back to your website's Wordpress administrator and click on the "MLSVallarta" menu option which should appear on the left side of your screen.
- Once there, paste your first key into the "Access Key" field and for your "Secret Key," add into the next field and then click on the "Add" button. Before this action, you’ll see another screen with an option to add your Google Maps API key. Even though it is not necessary to complete the configuration, we strongly recommend that you do it.
Learn here how to do it.
- To finish the process, just add the MLSVallarta search to one of the widgets on your site. If you feel confident in doing this yourself, you can add it to the sidebar of your site, or you can ask your developer to prepare a custom widget area so the MLSVallarta search appears in a horizontal configuration.
You can learn a little more about this on this link.
- Success! Now your visitors can use the MLSVallarta’s search feature and view all the MLSVallarta properties directly on your site.