The news just keep getting better for Puerto Vallarta. It was ranked second in the Top 10 destinations in Mexico in the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice poll for 2015, as reported by Travel Weekly.
- In 2014, there was a total of 11,718 rooms available in Puerto Vallarta, with nearly 4.3 million room nights booked in the same year.
- Passenger arrivals totaled 1.5 million, which was a 17.6% growth when compared with 2013. Last year was just as successful, as the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board touted a 90% occupancy rate for December.
- From Dec. 19 to Jan. 6, the destination anticipates a 20% increase from last year, and all hotels in the marina and hotel zones reported 100% occupancy from the holiday season.
- For the year, 2015 looks like it will be the destination’s best since 2008, as it recorded an average occupancy rate of 65% from January through November. There was close to 1.8 million international visitors during the same period, a 19% increase from 2014.
- Visitors have generated almost $30 million to the destination’s hotels and more than $30 million going to local businesses. This is a 350% increase from 2014.
- New hotels were added in 2015: the Grand Fiesta Americana, Hotel Mousai (Garza Blanca), Hyatt Ziva, Sunscape, Garlands del Rio, and Casa Kimberly reopened its doors after an incredible remodelation last year. Still to come for this year will be the W Punta de Mita, which will open on the Riviera Nayarit just 15 miles from Puerto Vallarta, as well as Estudio 6, which will open in March.